Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Peter

Growing up an Army brat, I have met people who became my best friend in minutes only to never see that particular soulmate ever again. I have also met people that crossed my path who I did not become close with but they too slipped into the void of my past, now equal with those I treasured. Then there are those who turn up after years of never knowing if they were alive or dead to find that God has put them in my path again, and maybe this time to be friends instead of enemies. The funny thing is I have remebered all of my fellow brats that crossed pasts with me, and apparently some of them remember me as well, in a way none of us have a choice, I suppose it is hard to explain.

Peter found me on myspace today, many thoughts are plauging me. Honestly, I cannot remember if I was mean to him, although I must have been cordial becuase he found me to tell me he remembers me and those months where we were not friends. I hope I have found a new friend in an old foe, I think God has made my role in Ft. Irwin obvious to me after my struggle with it. Everything you say, every look you give how you treat every person you ever meet, even if you are soncvinced you will never see them again- each person has the ability to change a life, to impact for good or evil. Every word you say, there is someone that will remember it. What a challenge to meet. I felt convicted and compelled to actually for once not just enjoy this quote, but iron it to my life. You never know.

"It is a serious thing... to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or other of these destinations...There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations- these are mortal, and thier life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit- immortal horrors or everlasting splendors." - CS Lewis

"Forever is composed of nows" - Emily Dickinson

3 comments:

Carin said...

have you ever noticed an almost absurd capability to completely forget about some people??? or maybe thats just me? people freak me out. but you knew that.


"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain."
E.D.



you are amazing and beautiful and dont you forget it!

Doug said...

I wish I had a Dickinson quote - that seems to be the thing to do. But I guess I'm not as up on her as you all.

Carin said...

any hints on how to make people forget about me? anywho
I hope your birthday was great and that you had as much fun as I did!