Thursday, July 07, 2005

"An evening in ..." anywhere but here!

I have had such an urge to travel lately. Travelling has always been a part of my life, but the last few weeks I have had such a desire to just take off. I want to go to Europe more than anything, but I could settle for Savannah, even San Antonio, SOMWHERE. I am longing to be adventurous!! If I had the money, I'd be gone and on a cruise to Bermuda faster than you could say "irresponisble" . Hey, you only live once. Why not travel the world and appreciate everything God has created, because he did in fact create things outside the Mid West. So, if there is ever a long period in which I have been MIA from the bloogong network, then you will know that my literary vacations to England and South Carolina are no longer satisfying me and I have taken off to Neverland.

Then agian, maybe thats why I have been looking forward to going to Pennsylvania with my family, I just want to get out~ I think it will do for now and actually probably be good for me. But I should not forget that I got the next best thing to a vacation in Bavaria... I had a marvelous time entertaining good friends and had a fabulous birthday weekend!!

3 comments:

Doug said...

Liz, what is holding you back? Poverty? That's why they invented hitchhiking.
Or perhaps its obligation? That's why they came up with unemployment.
Surely becoming an umeployed hitchhiker isn't too big of price to pay in return for adventure. Have you read On The Road? I mean, those guys were total bums. But they were bums with a beatific vision. (If I ever discover what that vision actually was, I'll let you know. Something about sex and drugs I think.)
ANother idea is to get a job that forces you to travel. For instance, lately I have been playing with the idea of applying as a cruise director. (If you have never been on a cruise, the cruise director is the guy who speaks through a loud speaker to every room on the ship and says what will happen that day. The loud speakers do not have a "turn off" switch or even a "turn down" switch, so he is always heard.) Now I'm sure you need qualifications to be a cruise director, but that's why they invented lying, right? I mean, how hard could it be? I love talking, and I love it when people can't escape the sound of my voice. Every day would be a one-way verbal street from me to everyone.
Just something to think about.
Lately I've been flirting with the idea of dropping out of college. SOund like a winner? I think so.

Carin said...

Lizzie- you speak my mind sometimes. It probably should be scary, but its not. Hey if daica's comment means she hasnt been to the ocean. Then as my first act as your wanna be roommate. I vote we plan like a cheap random weekend drive to south padre. Three beautiful girls on the beach! yeah we can do it!
oh and if you want you could still save me from my mom and my aunt and come to Europe with me. PLEASE!
PLEASE PLEASE!
we are going to see the Mona Lisa.... how can you say no.

Pureblood Prince said...

Not really referring to your post, but you commented on my blog and said that i didnt knwo who you were. I do know who you are. I work with mike sometimes painting houses (woohoo) and i met you during one of our drama rehearsals at CP. Glad to know you eagerly await HP&tHBP :).