Wednesday, February 09, 2005

quoteable

Everyone is quoteable, everyone is witty, even if it is a complete accident.
Have you noticed that the best inside jokes are usually quotes?

anyway~

Carin is the most quoteable friend I have, although, on occasion, I have discovered my new friend Doug to be rather brilliant and profound. Amazingly, they both managed to come up with the same idea about originality..ironic isn't it?!!!
.

"It's mostly that everything I think, I realize someone else has already said and probably better. That is why I quote instead of form opinions and read instead of write... because I truly felt I had nothing meaningful to say. It had been said. I suppose I could go on and on about this, but I'm sure it's all been said and much better..." - Doug Baker

"I find it amazing to my stark feelings of individuality, that someone has always already written the deepest thoughts Ive had. Each prayer I've prayed and expression uttered, was merely a repeat of an already spoken thought. Creativity is simply when you havent found that other persons work that mirrors yours." - Carin Cambron

I digress.

3 comments:

Mikethelawstudent said...

hmm that is interesting, makes one wonder what would happen if these two sould meet (wink wink)

Doug said...

Liz, this is all remarklably self-referential -- my favorite phenomenon of human thought. We both made comments about lacking originality. Why do I go on living?

Carin said...

some people are just brilliant, what can I say...how nice that my thoughts would be similiar to such!

thank you evermore for your late night cheerleading sessions. for you are always disposed to argue with my melancholy thoughts.