Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Baked Lays

There is a funny story that transpired today... just goes to show that you have to laugh at yourself if you have a tendency to be a little high strung.
I was upset at life in general being out of place the other day and I went to Wal-mart to buy myself Sour cream and cheddar baked Lays which have to qualify as the best chips in the world. I put them in my room and looked forward to eating them all day long!
To my dismay and slight anger, they were gone that evening... it seems my roomates friends got the munchies... grrrr. I definitely threw a small inner temper-tantrum and went to vent to Mike. He listened to me rant about the chip eaters as we drove al across town, poor thing. Of course then I felt terrible for going on like that... being his thoughtfull and sweet self, he pulled into Wal-Mart on our way to dinner with full intentions of buying me another bag of those chips! aww..
except they were out. shelf totally empty. not kidding. I was crushed.
All hopes dashed (not really, just adding drama), we walked toward the exit only to have our thoughts interrupted by the intercom which announced that sour-cream and cheddar baked lays were very delicious and on sale, buy some. Thank you Wal-Mart, I tried. It was one of those moments that you kinda want to cry, but the pure irony and coincidence is hysterical, so we burst out laughing instead. Fun times make me smile and see the big picture again, focus on the things in life that really matter!

3 comments:

Mikethelawstudent said...

Well I'm glad you laughed as opposed to be angry at me for laughing because that was just about the funniest thing that has happened to me in a while...but i am sorry for you loss ;)

Carin said...

dang it you- I miss you! and your chips.

Mikethelawstudent said...

(SIGH) I go to your blog three or four times a day checking to see if you've posted anything. Now to my great frustration you have written several mysterious drafts that you dont know if your going to post! I'VE HAD IT. I am now only going to check your blog ONCE a day! (this will continue untill you start posting)