Sunday, April 23, 2006

craziness

Finals week is upon us.

I also have to maneuver 20 hours of work into 3 days and make sure I ace all my finals so that I can go to Topeka and then move into my new apartment on Sunday [after I clear out my dorm].

The GOP Rally was this weekend and I sucessfully hacked off one of our opponants, hehe.

hmmm. I have to revise a paper too so that i can turn in a final draft that will get an A.

I got a lecture from the Dean of History and Political Science when he found out I skipped class to accompany my candidate to the Capitol for a conference. (i had permission form the professor who was teaching the class) Apparently, its not kosher to skip class for work? lol, I wouldn't have done it if my grades weren't absolutely fine in that class.
And yet, I struggle with motivation and time management ... mostly because I spend all of my time doing 200% on something I really want to do and ignore that nagging little assignment that I habitually put off.

Sometimes I think I possess certain character traits that make me susceptable to becoming a work-aholic.

There is this lovely feeling of power and accomplishment that comes along with a sucessful day of hectic tasks in a buisness suit. hmmm.

Anyway, this bit is about as scattered as I am feeling right now... maybe I should get back to that final I have tomorrow.

1 comment:

Carin said...

Elizabeth Ann~
I love you! In such times as these we are tempted to wish away the days of studying and busyness for more relaxing more memorable times, but I have a happy quote (its not like I'm at all deep on my own.)Its one that has sorta thrown itself in my path time and again. Again recently. Maybe you'll like it?

"Wherever you are, be all there, live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."
j.elliot