Monday, November 14, 2005

Star Trek, Thanksgiving, and archetypes

I absolutely love this literature class, I have just learned that while we study the utopia/dystopia archetype [my new favorite way to look at things] we will be examining science fiction to some degree. Science fiction exemplifies this archetype often and is probably the most creative and interesting genre to study, especially in regards to this archetype. We are scheduled to read a novel and several short stories and ...ah yes... watch some Star Trek: The Next Generation and do a character analysis on Captain Picard. I am throughly amused.

What will I be doing over Thanksgiving break? Watching Star Trek for Lit class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never looked forward to a Thanksgiving more than I look forward to this one. Of course, there are more reasons than Star Trek.

1 comment:

Mikethelawstudent said...

What pray tell are the other reasons my dear? :)