Tuesday, January 10, 2006

God, you have until Monday.

I have heard over and over that people who are prone to stressing out can expect to knock several years off of their life span. I have no idea how scientific that tidbit actually is, but the problem with it is that people like me proceed to worry about how much they are stressing. This is counterproductive and perpetuates the whole sickness.

Recently, as in the last two days, I have achieved some interesting self-discovery. I have a problematic tendency to overwhelm myself and mask it as "stepping up to the challenge" when really I am just refusing to delagate and not able to correctly identify my own breaking point.

Unfortuantely, this leads then to complete discouragement of my time management skills and confidence and an obsession with "what-ifs".

I began to realize all this when I found myself praying and trying to have an intimate time with God and ask for peace and wisdom in some decisions. I stopped mid-prayer because it dawned on me that I had just told God that I must have an answer by Monday at the very latest.

hmmmm.

I really don't think that was wise and I am quite shocked at myself.
If you ever wanna hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.

So here I am. My head pounds while I wait patiently for the fateful Monday which will determine this semester with the feeling that it will be one of those forks in the road of life that alters so many paths. But I must be still and know that He is God, I suppose that is the best plan.

"Sometimes beauty school sounds so appealing."- lovely Dacia

2 comments:

Mikethelawstudent said...

You know, no matter what exactly happens nothing bad will come of any of the three options. SO CHILL (i say in the most loving way possible

Carin said...

I'm glad we finally got to chat. I love you dearly, and I dont think you'll ever understand just how important you are to me. My life wouldnt be what it is today without you. I can't wait to see what God has for both of us. Only the future will tell...but for now
"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of GOd."
Jim Elliot.
so right now, we are in today. LIVE IT UP.
oh and tonight is going to be pretty much amazing!