Monday, September 12, 2005

Kung Fu Hustle

This past weekend I was subjected to some of the most tasteless cinematic roll I have ever experienced. I felt terrible since it is a movie that people I care about deeply thouroughly enjoy this movie...yet I did not. So, I have watched this movie and come to the similar opinion of Carin. I thought it was garish and insipid. I apologize profusely to anyone I may have offended.

I also went to a Chiefs game which was an interesting commentary on human behavior, but I had a blast. Apparently, the fight chant for the team is "We're gonna beat the Hell outta you! YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU!"... and they did.

5 comments:

Carin said...

garish and insipid. yes. perfect!

Mikethelawstudent said...

WWOOOOO YYYEEAAAH!!! WE"RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTA YOU YOU YOUYOUYOUYOU!

Doug said...

So I notice Mike and Sam are dancing around the real issue of your post: you didn't like Kung Fu Hustle? Why am I not surprised? And don't think you can dismiss the entire film with two abstract, rarely used, and almost contradictory adjectives. I won't buy it, Elizabeth. You're too smart to have no real explanation.

On a different (and more serious) note, how are things? I really want to go see your family (because I love them), but I don't think it will happen. How far are they from me? Alright, take care of my friend Mike. You guys are wonderful, and I hope I get to see you over fall break or maybe thanksgiving.

Doug

Carin said...

hey. we live on the same campus. how is it that I see you almost never??? I just wondered.

Mikethelawstudent said...

So the funniest movie ever happens to be KUNG FU HUSTLE. hahahaha gotcha!