Sunday, May 15, 2005

A new friend...

Ok, well no one has commented on my last couple of blogs, but I will get over it.

I just wanted to share with someone my new big secret... lol!!

So, my roommate and I were both feeling emotional so we decided to take a walk and chat, you know, solve all the worlds problems... plus, "excercise makes endorphines, and endorphines make you happy... and , well, happy people don't kill thier husbands!!"

Well, a little dog begaan to follow us who is sweet and cute and looks shockingly like my favorite late dog Chloe, just a smaller version. To, make a long story short, we fell in love with her, named her Belle and now we are hiding her in our "pet free" apartment until my mom comes and adopts her.

So, Dacia and I get a fun friend to keep us distracted and my family gets a much needed replacement puppy.

Oh we only live once, why not smuggle a puppy and enjoy the cuddles. :)

2 comments:

Doug said...

Elizabeth, sorry I have been so long absent from your blog. But here I am to comment.
After the tragic deaths of five dogs (15 if you count the puppoy massacre) and seventeen cats (who all got some strange disease that has not yet been identified by vets), my family decided to take a short break from pets. While death is an important subject for any child, I think all of us kids had gotten the message. So we took a break from pets for a while.
But one day, my dad decided to get a new dog. He was a Maltise - not more than two months old. It was the first dog we had ever had in the house. I affectionately named him "Buddy." My father loved Buddy, although he would never admit it. I caught them napping together in front of the tv one day. From then on, Dad and I spent lots of time with Buddy. Until, three days after he'd arrived, we learned that Buddy was causing Mom serious allergies. So we sent Buddy away. Life hasn't been quite the same since.

Liz said...

doug, you make me laugh. And sometimes you're hero with impeccable timing.