Thursday, April 07, 2005

Elevators should all be equipped with emergency lights...

It seems as though my life (as well as the lives of my friends) has become comprable to a sitcom.
Last Monday there was a situation involving ducks, BB's and overzealous cops... but thats a different story that I will let another tell. I want to talk about my almost-but not so traumatizing experience.
I have decided that all elevators should have decent emergency lighting. The one in my University library does not. I know this because I got stuck in it, by myself, in the dark. Yeah, and apparently there is no emrgency phone either... just an intercom that is connected to campus security that has an obnoxious habit of shorting out when you are on the verge of a panic attack alone in a pitch black elevator. Ok, I admit I am ephasizing the alone and very dark part, but I should be honest... after the first few minutes of feeling around and banging on buttons ( which does not work by the way), I called out for help and after some people heard and Laughed at my precarious situation (JERKFACE) my friends figured out where I was (God bless them) and while security was working on prying me out of my super dark solitary confinement, the whole thing became extremely funny. I know that the fact that I was actually stuck on an elevator like that was most of the amusement... but its now a fairly entertaining story to tell and I can have another adventure to add to my "crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life".

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -- Aldous Huxley



Doug, thanks for commenting, I apprecitate it.. you too Mike who faithfully comments every time :).

10 comments:

Mikethelawstudent said...

SO, elevators dont like you. good to know.

Mikethelawstudent said...

im gonna post a bunch of little ones so you think you have a crap load of comments

Mikethelawstudent said...

so we watchin spider man 2 on friday?

Mikethelawstudent said...

oh congradulations on being the OUTSTANDING FRESHMEN OF THE YEAR!!!

Mikethelawstudent said...

4 comments that not bad whoa now its five.

Mikethelawstudent said...

i havent decided whether this is mean or funny yet

Mikethelawstudent said...

ok im done now

Mikethelawstudent said...

no wait...

Mikethelawstudent said...

now im really done

Carin said...

if we ever decide that our prospective careers just simply wont cut it, we can always go into tv...... and everyone thought FRIENDS was good.